If you know me or have followed my journey, you know that I’m not only passionate about wedding photography, but I’m also feel on fire when I get to help others nurture healthy homes and hearts. Could be the Social Worker in me, I guess. 🙂 2019 was a year of learning how to be a full-time stay-at-home-mom AND business owner. I didn’t do half bad, but I could’ve been more balanced and made some healthier choices for my heart and home.
I sincerely what to do better for me and my family, clients, and community. So, I’m taking it slow and going to start the year with realistic goals that I can build upon. Each month I’m going to focus on one area of wellness. Not the typical (yet important) kind like, “drink enough water, eat only “x” number of calories, exercise 3x/week, etc.” Rather, I want to challenge myself in creative ways that will nurture a healthy work/life balance, fulfilling marriage, active community involvement, and empower me as a mom. They’ll be heart- and kingdom-worthy challenges.
I’m looking for other women to share the journey with, even if it’s just for one of the months out of the year. To be honest, I haven’t planned each month out yet because I’m not sure if others will be interested to walk side-by-side in this journey, but I’m going to put myself out there anyways. If the idea is a hit, great! If it flops, I’ll still go one and know I tried, ha!
If you’re considering participating, here’s what I plan on coordinating:
- I’ll be using an exclusive, private Facebook group for these challenges.
- New month, new goal, new group. 🙂
- I don’t want the topics to matter to JUST me, especially because sometimes I’m completely ignorant of the ways I could improve! So, after the first couple months, we’ll begin discussing what heart and wellness challenges we struggle with the most and go from there.
- Boundaries and expectations will be set and enforced to create a safe environment.
- I’ll post questions that foster introspection and empowering conversation.
- Each member will have their own specific goal that relates to the group’s common goal.
- Foster the sharing of coping strategies and Scripture reminders that could help meet our common goal.
- A genuine community to celebrate SMALL and BIG wins or share challenges with.
This takes vulnerability. It takes me being honest with myself and you. I’m really excited to be authentic and grow with others. 🙂 I know I have lots to learn from you!
If you’re still reading this, your curiosity must’ve been piqued. 🙂 I’m glad! I’d like to kick the New Year off with focusing on refreshing rest. Because frankly, it’s reallllllyyyy heard for me to meet any other goal when I’m burnt out and have cruddy sleep habits. I don’t think I’m alone. So, I’m getting back to basics. Wanna get basic with me? Head over to here and let’s connect. <3