We’ve attended a lot of weddings. We can usually anticipate a bride’s specific anxieties the morning of to what songs will probably be played at the reception. It’s always so refreshing when we experience something NEW. That’s just what happened ALL DAY at Angie & Casey’s burgundy wedding at Castleton Farms!
We hear from lots of other couples that they want “different” too. So, if you’re one of those couples and reading this, take notes, ha! 🙂 Our heads were on swivels all day to ensure we didn’t mention missing one thing! (PS – Thank goodness for Angie’s gifted communication and thoroughness throughout the planning process so that we knew what to look for! Thanks again, Angie for always being the fastest and most thorough!)
Obviously, Angie & Casey’s love for each other and their loved ones stood out to us. Their up-for-anything personalities did too. But, here are some the “different” things that happened throughout their day that made it extra special (Angie & Casey – if we’re missing anything, let us know, ha!):
- The boys went skeet shooting the morning of (not different for most Castleton Farms couples, but unique in general, for sure!)
- Angie’s long, detailed, and elegant bridal robe was SO different than the traditional silk/satin white robe!
- Angie’s bridesmaids surprised her with a scrapbook full of precious memories at their Bridesmaid First Look. There wasn’t a dry eye!
- Angie shared a heart-warming message and gifted matching bracelets to her step-daughters-to-be at the ceremony.
- There was a moment of silence during the ceremony for those who were not able to attend.
- The newly blended family walked the recessional together with arms linked. Gave me chills!
- There was a Missing Man/Fallen Man Table at their reception to honor those who died in military service.
- Angie’s Maid of Honor wrote her speech on a literal scroll of paper! It was hilarious!!!
- Casey’s Mother-Son Dance was to a rock song!
- ANGIE CUT HER HAIR OFF AT HER RECEPTION!
- There was a gelato and coffee truck in place of wedding cake.
- They had planned to wear bridal-themed Nike sweats for their send off, but they got lost in all their travels for the wedding.
Isn’t all of this ahhhhhmmmaaazzzinggg. Add all these fun elements to the gorgeous burgundy color sprinkled throughout the wedding, and it was one gorgeous day!
Angie & Casey – we’re genuinely so thrilled that you two found each other and then found us! We had a blast serving you and getting to be a small part of your union and blending your family. We hope these previews of your day make you giddy and even more excited for your full gallery reveal oh so soon! 🙂 Enjoy that cruise!
Ceremony, Reception Venue, Planning/Coordination, and Design: Castleton Farms
Wedding Dress: Satin and Lace Bridal Boutique
Wedding Dress Designer: Lillian West
Florist: Melissa Timms Designs
Make-up: Whiney Evans Beauty
Bridesmaid Dresses: David’s Bridal
Men’s Attire: Men’s Wearhouse
Gelato: Gelato Brothers